Court Report for Candlemas, 2017
First of all I would like to thank THL Andromacha Tou Lѐsvos assisted with voice heraldry during court. Thanks also to Mistress Althaia filia Lazari, Dame Gwenllyen the Potter and THL Jess of the Roving Irishmen for assistance at court.
- The Event Steward, HL Jess of the Roving Irishmen made the usual event announcements.
- The Baronial Arts & Sciences Minister, Mrq Laurellen de Brandevin made announcements pertaining to the day’s A&S/Bardic competitions and the presentation of Scholar’s papers.
- Her Excellency, Baroness Elidh Keldeleth informed the populace of Their Majesties’ need for braided cords for Kingdom awards. Dame Madrun y Gwehyddes had donated two large spools of cord for this purpose. Her Excellency Eildh invited the populace to make a few cords throughout the day for presentation to Their Majesties later in the day.
- Dame Gwenllyen the Potter made announcements pertaining to the Largesse Display.
- It was announced that THL Zahra bint al-Rammah would provide full service heraldic consulting throughout the day.
- THL Ermenrich “Morgan” Goutmann was released from service as the Bardic champion and received the Dragon’s Flame.
- The day’s competition began with the Invocation and bestowing of tokens to the competitors.
- Mrq Laurellen de Brandevin stepped down as Baronial Arts & Sciences Minister. Countess Elisabeth de Rossignol was installed as the new Arts & Sciences Minister.
- Dame Gwenllyen the Potter stepped down as Baronial Arts & Sciences Champion and received the Dragon’s Flame.
- THL Thangbrand of Dragon’s Laire was inducted as the new Baronial Arts & Sciences Champion.
- Master Arion the Wanderer was inducted as the new Baronial Bardic Champion.
- Dame Madrun y Gwehyddes, Maestra Aelianora de Wintringham and Lady Melissa of Damatia achieved Scholar status and were given Scholar’s tokens by Their Excellencies.
- THL Rycheza z Polska representing the Order of the Dragon’s Pearls gave the Light of Scholarship to the other competitors in the day’s competitions: Dame Madrun y Gwehyddes, THL Andromacha Tou Lѐsvos and Kristopher.
- Baron Dunstan M’Lolane of Glymm Mere apologized to HE Elidh Keldeleth in verse for an earlier perceived offense. He will redeem himself upon the fields at June Faire. Their Majesties were so impressed by his apology that he received a King’s Favor for his effort.
- Dame Madrun y Gwehyddes was presented with the scroll for her Mano Minos that had been given previously (Arontius & Laurellen, September 29 AS XLVII )
- THL Volk the Grey made an announcement about Honey War in Glymm Mere.
- THL Stephen of House Awry presented the award coins for the Top 10 in Archery and Thrown Weapons as follows:
- Archery -
- Arion (3rd Open, 3rd Period Recurve & 3rd York Handbow)
- Alaricus (4th Open, 1st Period Recurve & 1st York Handbow)
- Andras (6th Open & 7th York Handbow)
- Loric (8th Open & 8 Longbow)
- Bjorn (8th Crossbow)
- Seamus (9th Crossbow)
- Thomas of Salisbury (6th York Handbow)
- Nicholas de Charme (2nd Youth)
- Crystal (4th Youth)
- Thrown Weapons -
- Ivan (4th place and 7th Atl-atl)
- Arion (6th)
- Marcel (8th)
- Stephen (10th)
- THL Rhiannon of Eagle’s Flight presented table runners to Their Excellencies.
- HE Conchobar MacEoin made Ajax a Praetorian (retinue) for his service to himself and the Barony, bestowing a cloak as a symbol of his station.
- HE Conchobar MacEoin gave the Baron’s Favor to both Decimus Marius Gavinus Brittanicus and THL Andromacha Tou Lѐsvos for their outstanding service.
- Her Excellency Elidh Keldeleth gave Master Renart the Fox a statue that resembled him.
- Maestra Aelianora de Wintringham received a Mano Minos.
- TE Conchobar MacEoin gave thanks to all who worked and attended the event and gave inspirational words.
- TE Conchobar MacEoin selected Ulrich and his household to host the Absent Friends place setting at the feast.
- THL Arqai Ne’urin was inducted into the Order of the Wyvern.
- Congratulations to the Dragon’s Laire citizens who received awards in Royal Court:
- HE Conchobar MacEoin - Jambe de Leon
- Nolwenn of Dragon’s Laire – Jambe de Leon
- Chrysalis of Dragon’s Laire – AoA
- Amber of House Awry – Goutte de Sang
Posted to Dragon's Laire's FB Group Page by Sensei Tsuruko on 02/15/2017