Kingdom Arts and Sciences and Bardic
Master Arontius of Bygelswade (K AS/B event steward 2017) writes:
1. KAS / KBC is happening March 10-12, 2017, at the Clearwater Casino Resort in Suquamish, hosted by us, Dragon's Laire. This is a chance to show the Kingdom how magical a place Dragon's Laire. We could use help from the entire Barony in this regard.
2. Competition spaces have been laid out, and associated maps given to the Casino-Resort for their set-up crews. There will still be quite a bit of set-up required on our part though (decorations, gate, signage, etc.). If you would like to get involved with this part, we'd love to have your support (and your hands, feet, legs, back, etc.). Set-up starts at approximately 9AM on Friday. Competitors will be allowed on site to start setting up their competition spaces at NOON. Gate officially opens for the event at 3PM.
3. Advertising has already begun all over Facebook and e-mail lists. The KAS / KBC '17 Web-Site is live,
4. Others already at work on the KAS / KBC '17 Team include Dame Madrun y Gwehyddes (Co-Autocrat), M'Lady Ciar inigena Fhiachnae (Guild And Display Space Arrangements), Countess Elisabeth de Rossignol (Overall Event Scheduling), Master Renart le Fox (Royal Liaison), THL Theodoric the Scholar (Local Amenities Listing), THL Pernell Kamber (Concierge), Dame Gwenllyn Potter (Site Hand-Out), Tsruko Sensei (Tally Room Lead), and THL Ela y Ynis Dewi (Decorations).
5. There will be a gathering hosted by Dragon's Laire on Saturday night the KING SUITE of the hotel. Please contact the Dragon's Laire Party Coordinator - Magistra Aelianora de Wintringham (
6. His Excellency Conchobar is hosting a Prize Heavy Tournament, with the main prize being a knife made from his hands (it is very nice!). Details are available on the KAS / KBC Web-Site. This will be Rain or shine (if raining, we'll be in the Parking Garage).
7. We desperately need as much help as we can get from everyone possible. We have competition space to set-up. We have decorations to hang. We have gate to run. We have set-up of site and competitors on Friday to complete. Please
help! If you want to get involved, come talk to me (Arontius) at an upcoming Tuesday Social, or contact him at
Sent to the Dragon's Laire Email List on 03/02/2017